The LSS Arch extension allows to draw, edit and list basic building elements, such as walls, columns, slabs, etc.
The extension is distributed through Extension Warehouse only, and the license can be obtained through the E-commerce platform of Extension Warehouse. The E-commerce platform utilizes the 'try before you buy' scheme, so there is a trial period available when you can evaluate the LSS Arch extension for free in order to decide whether to buy it or not.
Take a look at the constantly growing playlist of videos that demonstrate the features of the extension, so you may find out what it's capable of:
Note that the extension itself has the detailed Help System included into its installation bundle, so you may continue learning the features of the extension at any time, even off-line. In addition to that, the LSS Arch extension displays the content of the Help System related to the basic tools within SketchUp's "Instructor" window - the same way SketchUp itself does it for its native tools.
The extension allows to draw basic elements:
- slope objects (e.g. roofs);
Advanced elements, including:
- thick faces;
- 3D meshes.
Meta-objects that may allow modelling complex objects like railings, glazed curtain walls, spiral stairs, etc:
- a grid;
- a contour.
- a zone object (allows to estimate geometric parameters of closed rooms, e.g. area, perimeter, volume, etc.);
- elevation/level marks.
It is possible to rebuild manually edited objects (i.e. those edited with the native SketchUp tools) and to change parameters of selected objects that were previously created using the tools of the LSS Arch extension.
The extension allows attaching text labels with identification information in a batch manner and generating lists (reports) with the information about the selected objects that were created using the tools of the LSS Arch extension. Generated reports can be saved into HTML or CSV files.
- Save LSS Arch Objects
- Restore LSS Arch Objects
- Convert Imported IFC Objects
- Set IFC Attributes
- Explode Down to LSS Arch Objects
- Explode Down to Faces
- Load Points
- Downsample Points
- Edit Section Fill
- Layers dialog (allows adjusting visibility of layers related to LSS Arch)
- Levels dialod (allows creating floor levels structure)
- Auto-alignment of material textures and manual texture placing for certain object types
- Filled section utility (allows generating a group of faces that represents a section fill)
- Library of steel sections (for beam and column objects)
- Tool presets (allow saving/restoring settings of complex objects)
- Displaying object dimensions while drawing and editing (use the context menu of the tool to enable the feature)